Leave A Gift In Your Will
The ability to respond to sound and music is an inborn quality in all human beings. Pulse and rhythm are found in the heartbeat, in breathing and movement. Pitch and rhythm give the voice expressive and communicative qualities. This inborn responsiveness to music exists regardless of age,ethnicity, culture, disability, injury, illness or circumstances and is not dependent on musical training or background.
It is out of this innate responsiveness to music that music therapy was founded.
Would you like to leave a bequest to help change the life of a child or adult through music?
A bequest from you will make a huge and permanent difference in the life of a child or young adult with special needs. And you can decide how you would like your gift to be used. Here are some of the ways your gift will support us and the children and young adults we work with
- support child or adult with special needs to have weekly music therapy sessions for six months or longer.
- registrations and costs for attendance at the annual Music Therapy of New Zealand conference.
- cost of supervision training.
- purchasing instruments.
- instrument repairs and maintenance. Our pianos are all tuned twice each year.
- paying for room rental at one of our Satellite music therapy locations for six months.
or you can leave a gift for general purposes to help cover our operational costs. We need to raise $750,000 each year to keep the Centre running as we receive no statutory funding to support the work we do.
If you would like to talk to someone about leaving a bequest. please contact our Executive Director Carol White on 09 360 0889 or email email@example.com
In preparing your Will, you should seek the assistance of a Trustee (such as the Public Trust or NZ Guardian Trust) or your family solicitor to ensure that your wishes are clearly and correctly recorded.